PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : RTL bei TF Bruce Litton in Virginia !

Klossy2000
24.06.2005, 11:22
The International portion of International Hot Rod Association has been getting quite a workout lately. First, IHRA president Aaron Polburn announced IHRA has signed a track in Mexico to its family. Then he expressed interest in expanding to China or Europe sometime in the near future.

At the ACDelco Nationals in Virginia a camera crew and television personality came to the event to film a feature on Bruce Litton and IHRA competition.
Nazan Eckes, the popular television host on RTL (Radio and Television Luxemburg) and an all-German crew spent the day with Litton and other drivers, wanting to show millions of European viewers all about IHRA.

“We are the biggest private television station in Europe and do a show about Formula One racing,” Eckes said. “We travel to all the countries where the races take place and show what’s happening around. We show, of course, motorsports stuff but we also do lifestyles, hotels, restaurants, interesting people and things like that. That’s why we are here…this is perfect for our show.”

Last season RTL went to Indianapolis during the weekend of the Indianapolis 500. They ventured over to a weekend drag race where they were told, if they wanted to meet a pro racer, they should get a hold of Litton at his shop. They called him up and he invited them over.

When they put the show on the air last year the first 15 minutes were dedicated to Litton and drag racing…and the German viewers loved it. This led to a reunion with Litton this year and a more in-depth segment to be aired on German television.

“Ena, the producer of the show, thought it would be interesting to follow him the whole day and show how he prepares himself,” Eckes said. “Because he’s such an interesting person, a little bit older than the others and a good businessman at the same time, we thought it would be good for our viewers to meet him because he has a passion for what he does. This is something that is very popular in Germany. Of course F1 is more popular, but the German people are interested in motorsports and love seeing drag racing.”

Litton was happy to let his German visitors into the pits and show them what goes on during an event.

“Nazan was really interested in what we do here,” Litton said. “I showed her everything, from how to mix fuel to taking the motor apart. Then they all went to the line with us. I think they were surprised by the power and speed these engines produce. If you aren’t familiar with drag racing, going into a Top Fuel pit is like going to an amusement park for the first time and heading straight for the tallest, fastest roller coaster.”

Litton advanced to the semifinals of the ACDelco Nationals, falling to eventual champion Clay Millican. Throughout the day, as Litton and his crew prepared for rounds, the camera crew was there shooting footage and asking questions. Eckes appreciated Litton’s hospitality.

“Bruce is very professional and very kind,” she said. “Usually, when we talk to racers, they are in a hurry and always say they have to leave. But he was very professional and took his time for us. He really showed us that he was looking forward to doing this and it was great working with him.”

As for the actual racing, Eckes was also impressed. At one point she was taken down to the starting line to experience a pair of Top Fuel dragsters taking off down the strip.

“I really can’t believe how fast the cars are…its crazy,” she said. “I had a chance to stand in the middle when they started and it was like rockets going up. It was an unbelievable feeling, like an earthquake and rockets together. It really gave me a big respect for what they are doing.”

Another thing that impressed Eckes and her German counterparts was the sense of family that surrounds IHRA racing. It was a breath of fresh air for the journalists who typically work with racers in the ultra-competitive Formula One circuit.

“I asked Clay Millican if it was only about winning or if it was about being a part of this organization,” she said. “He told me that everyone wanted to win, of course, but they all really enjoy being a part of this. As an outsider I could see that and it was very impressive to me.”

Eckes also hopes IHRA continues its international expansion.

“I would like to see IHRA in Germany, I’m sure of it,” she said. “The people would love it and hopefully we are doing our part. We’ll see. Maybe in a few years we’ll see you in Germany. That would be great.”

Litton agrees that the IHRA is growing in areas outside the United States’ border.

“IHRA started out just in the south, then it grew to include most of the United States,” Litton said. “Then there were three events in Canada and now Mexico. And I hear about Asia. Who knows, we might have to go to a longer season if this keeps up.”

Matthes427
24.06.2005, 13:10
War davon was im Vorbericht zum Indy F1 Rennen ?
Ein Arbeitskollege sprach von "so Feuerstühle mit Fallschirm - wie die Fotos von Deinem Bildschirmschoner"
Das klingt nach Dragracing ! :D
War der Bericht gut ? Hat das zufällig jemand aufgenommen und kann es als mpg File im Forum zur Verfügung stellen ?

Gruß
Matthias