PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : 2006 Where and when?

Rami
17.01.2006, 19:27
Hello all,
first i apologise that my german isn't good enough to write it(yet).

I have the basic questions about season 2006 for street bikes:
-Where/when are the races?
-Rules and regulations?

I'm from Finnland and working/living at the moment in Hannover and would be interested to join the races next summer with Superduke. I would like to make some modifications to bike for quarter mile (swingarm extension and NOS), but i need to know what is alloved in each bike-classes.

I'd be gratefull about ALL information either to this forum or straight to my mail: hornantuutti@netti.fi

MfG, Rami

Stefan Graff
17.01.2006, 21:57
Hi Rami,
and welcome to the Race(s) in Germany!
The - so far- racedates can be found by clicking the "Kalender"- button above. As you can see, there is just one single "official" race in Germany in Luckau, which is not confirmed yet. There are some free races like Rothenburg, Bitburg, or Eisenach, which are fun :D but don´t count for a series.
As Superduke sounds like Twin cylinder you might compete in Street Twin (will be indexed at 11,30, no NOS) or Super Street Twin.
The full book of rules can be found on www.d-r-o.de ("DMSB-Reglement")
There will be a EDBA (European Dragbike Association)-Series with races in Drachten/ NL, Vandel/ DK, Luckau/ D, maybe more. Become a member, earn points and a bit of money- mail to: see button below.
Greetz
Stefan

Stefan Graff
17.01.2006, 22:08
scusi,
in Germany thy´re called Modified Street Twin 8o (Super Street Twin is the same class in the Netherlands). You may use NOS with stock displacement.
S.

Rami
18.01.2006, 21:07
Hello Stefan und Vielen dank für info!

With SuperDuke i would be more interested about these "non-official" races, since it is not the ultimate "drag-bike", but if joining the EDBA races isn't extremely expensive, i will definately consider them also.
If i understood you correctly, Street Twin class is also available in EDBA series..?

I will contact you in near future about the membership and licence.

And thanks again for very quick response and your help!

Cheers,
Rami

Ps: This is my what i built and drove in Finland before moving to Germany:
DragMoto 1200 Turbo (http://www.mp-foorumi.com/gallery/picture.php?size=medium&picture=ebe5f4dc5550ae25e91d99b6a2166057.jpg)
247ps from rear tyre
Drove it only once at 1/4-mile with poor result: 10,009s. / 229km/h

Stefan Graff
20.01.2006, 11:25
Hi Rami,
yes, there will be a Street Twin competition in the EDBA series- we hope to see more Street Twin riders than in 2005, when only three germans participated. So we decided to go for a 11,30 Index like they do it in Denmarks "Breakout" class.
By the way: Nice Bike- but I guess it´s hard to keep the front wheel down... :D -isn´t it?
CU on the track!
S.
Und jetzt alle: Wer fährt 2006 Street Twin?
(Ich nicht mehr- werde 2006 wohl endlich mal zu den Modifieds aufsteigen....)

hddragster
20.01.2006, 13:56
Hi,Stefan.Weiß ich noch nicht,Moped ist jetzt schneller als letztes Jahr X(,nochmal 'n bisschen investiert,daran sollte es eigentlich nicht liegen.War aber bei derzeit geplantem Index wahrscheinlich nicht nötig(trotzdem gute Idee,um mehr Fahrer anzusprechen :rolleyes:).Allerdings,da wir davon ausgegangen sind,daß sich die Situation um Streettwin dieses Jahr wohl nicht verbessern wird und über ein entsprechendes Angebot,in einer anderen Klasse 8o zu Fahren,vor ein paar Wochen entschieden werden mußte,hängt die Streetgeschichte ein wenig in der Luft(hat auch alles ein wenig mit Geld zu tun).Noch ist alles nicht Spruchreif,deswegen halte ich mich lieber bedeckt,sonst heißt es noch,ich spinne rum.Eines ist jedenfalls sicher:Der Rudi bleibt bei uns und wird ständig in Bereitschaft sein,um nötigenfalls alles zu geben :D .
Gruß

Rami
22.01.2006, 15:30
Original von Stefan Graff
By the way: Nice Bike- but I guess it´s hard to keep the front wheel down... :D -isn´t it?
Yep, when bike wasn't going sideways, it usually tryied to go up! :D

Couple of pics more of my ex-bikes, my friends bikes and other nonsense:
Album (http://www.mp-foorumi.com/gallery/gallery.php?user=v025ylr&gid=0)

-Rami Yliniemi