PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : John Force Airlifted after crash

tony morris
23.09.2007, 22:36
Just reported on the NASCAR race on TV that John Force has crashed after the finish line with Kenny Bernstein.
Kenny Bernstein is OK however John Force did have two broken legs and a broken arm and the best is he is also OK. He was airlifted to hospital, more news as it comes in.

DR-HISTORY
23.09.2007, 22:39
Tony hat mich gleich angerufen, er weis das ich ein grosser John Force Fan bin. Hab dann auch gleich auf nhra.com geguckt und war froh zu lesen, das er wach und ansprechbar war, vor sie ihn ins Krankenhaus per Hubschrauber gebracht haben.

Oh man, das ist echt nicht das Jahr für das Force Racing Team, ich hoffe es geht ihm bald wieder besser.

Andrea

tony morris
23.09.2007, 22:39
More news here on drag race central.

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=146872&Filter=100#indextop

tony morris
23.09.2007, 22:45
http://competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4072&Itemid=6

tony morris
24.09.2007, 00:24
Video of the crash is now on the NHRA website.

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/24436.htm

Christoph
24.09.2007, 20:34
:eek2:

Schön, daß es glimpflich ausging. :danke:

Wie hart, daß es ihm direkt die komplette Hinterachse rausgerissen hat.

KB hat hatte alle Hände voll zu lenken nach dem Kontakt.

Grüße Christoph

@ Andrea
Ich bin ja nicht so direkt Fan :gruebel:
Aber John ist großer Fan der alten Golden-Vette.
Er wollte ja unbedingt das Foto.... (oder so)

Guckst Du hier:

tony morris
26.09.2007, 01:25
Here is a interview with John force after the crash, good see that he is doing well.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_267193435.html

Matthes427
26.09.2007, 20:56
Habe dieses Video hier noch zum Unfall gefunden :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmOoVNAZxeI&mode=related&search=

Vom Unfall mal abgesehen ( ich wünsche John eine schnelle Genesung ! )
finde ich dieses Video doch am Schluß fast komisch !
Schaut Euch mal Kenny Bernstein an !
Das Jahrzehntelange Einatmen von Nitro scheint einen massiven
Verjüngungseffekt ausgelöst zu haben !
Oder doch wohl eher Scalpell und Botox ?
Ich mag den Mann, aber er sieht extrem operiert aus !
Dachte erst das wäre Junior Brandon !
:grins:

Matthias

richarzzz
27.09.2007, 12:13
kann mir hier mal einer eine detailierte anweisung erteilen, wie ich als edv-legasteniker übers web espn empfangen kann???

brutale bilder aus texas, hoffen wir dass ihm seine gebrochenen knochen die einzigstens ersthaften verletzungen sind.

grz

jens

Bandit012
27.09.2007, 18:55
Wenn man das sieht, kann ich zu Sillke nur danke sagen, das sie im Gegensatz zu anderen Veranstaltern ( Alkersleben ) so sehr auf die Sicherheit achtet!
Ansonsten erstaunlich, das bei so einem Abflug "nur" die Beine gebrochen sind, gute Besserung hier!
Als Mustang Fahrer trauere ich natürlich auch um das schöne Auto, aber das kann ja ersetzt werden.

Ralf

richarzzz
27.09.2007, 19:13
ancheindend geht es john force breits wieder so gut vom zustand, dass ganz kurz andiskutiert wurde - ihn am kommenden wochenende schon wieder ins cockpit zu setzen. dies wurde dann jedoch auf die letzten beiden rennen diese saison verschoben.

gute besserung

jens

Merlin
27.09.2007, 19:40
Original von richarzzz
kann mir hier mal einer eine detailierte anweisung erteilen, wie ich als edv-legasteniker übers web espn empfangen kann???
grz

jens

Hi Jens

schau mal hier

Neuer Rekord in USA (http://www.dragracing.de/thread.php?threadid=3206&hilight=tvu)

Aber ESPN oder ESPN2 sind nicht immer mit dem TVU - Player zu empfangen.
Nehmen die Sender wohl raus wie sie gerade lustig sind.

John hat sich die Beine nur gebrochen, weil sie frei in der Luft baumelten und beim Aufprall am Boden wohl im Weg waren.
Hat der Mann ein Glück und es sei Ihm wie jedem anderen auch gegönnt.
Im Interview hat er auch noch einiges über die Analyse des Unfalls und
auch den Tod von Brian gesprochen. Er steckt viel Geld in die Sicherheitsforschung. :respekt:

Wir werden wohl die "tragende" Stimme bald wieder auf den Rennstrecken hören :grins:

Gruß Merlin :walker:

The lonesome Dragstripper
15.10.2007, 13:35
Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Force is strong with this one ...

Yesterday afternoon I got to spend some quality time on the phone with an old friend. You might know him as drag racing's winningest driver, 14-time champion, and the people's kind of people, John Force.

It's not the first time I've talked to Force since his Sept. 23 accident, but the last time I did, for about five minutes, was two days after the accident and he was so filled with pain medicine I didn't feel it was fair to quote him on anything he said.

It was a much more clear-headed John Force this time, even though he had just taken another dose of pain meds that slowly came to bear on him throughout the 30-minute phone call. I hung up knowing one thing though: He's going to be back. He said it, on his word, and I believe him, and I think everyone around him does, from his doctors to his family and team who were admittedly pretty concerned when he tried to "Brute Force" his way into telling everyone he'd be back by Richmond, therapy be damned.

Now it's pretty clear he's taking his physical therapy very, very seriously, and, naturally, is quite a celebrity at Baylor University Medical Center. He brings hats and signs autographs for his fellow patients in PT, which he attends twice a day for three hours at a pop. "I've met people here with spinal injuries who are so much worse off than me but they get up every day and keep trying so I give them all hats and stuff and try to motivate them, and there's guys here older than me telling me 'You'll race again; we're counting on you.' It's become my happy place," he told me.

You’re going to have to wait for next week's National DRAGSTER to read the full interview, which is filled with details and introspection about his recovery and his life, and laced with the typical John Force humor and self-deprecation ("my legs have so many stitches that they're ugly, but that's okay because I was never cute anyway"). He talks about his love for the fans ("fans are trying to sneak in to see me even though they've got me [registered] under WXYZ or something like I'm a murderer or in witness protection.") and much more. Don’t miss it. We've hired Dallas-area drag racing lensman Randy Anderson to visit Force tomorrow and provide us with images of him going through his daily routine. I'll post it to the National DRAGSTER library in the NHRA members section next Thursday.

The bottom line, though, is he sounded really good, really positive, and the best news I could have heard was, "I'm really getting well, and I'm excited."

That Force even took the time to call, let alone carve out 30 minutes of his day, impressed and excited me, as it did his publicist Dave Densmore. I had emailed Dens to ask for a few minutes with Force and as I was replying to his reply that he would talk to Force about it, the phone rang and it was The Man himself. "I told him that you wanted to set something up but I didn't expect him to call you," said Densmore. "The fact that he did is great." It's clear that the John Force of old is coming back, and he even told me that he hopes to be able to come to Las Vegas for two or three days, a carrot dangled by his doctors if he's a good boy and continues to work hard.

He thanked me for the articles I have written about him in words I'm too embarrassed to reprint here, but our interview was filled with references to my "Hurry Back, Superman" article (see Sept. 23 entry below), including some rather pointed reminders from his doctors: "My doctor, Dr. [Alan] Jones, told me, 'You think you’re Superman? You’re not Superman. This isn't the comic books. You think you’re special? I've read all about you being in all of those crashes and I'm a fan of yours, but this ain't no 'write the article and everything's going to be okay.' "

Surrounded by his family ("Ashley's been here all 17 days and refuses to leave and I got the grandbaby down here; grandchildren are our best medicine") and buoyed by the love of his fans and fellow racers (Gary Scelzi popped in to see him today), he's hell bent to get back.

And, in typical John Force fashion, he apologized to me for talking so much ... yeah, as if I was going to complain! He probably doesn't remember the number of times he told me he was going to let me go when it was me who kept pumping him with questions. Every minute with him was magic. Thanks, big guy. I appreciate the effort.

Force also received the over-sized get-well card we sent him (see entry below), and JFR marketing coordinator Chad Light, who shot the photo at the top of this column, passed along the following message for me to forward to the staff, which says it all: "John Force wanted to thank all of you at National Dragster for the well wishes and the card. You are all extremely important to him and he is proud to call of you friends! John is recovering well and is continuing his physical therapy everyday, he is coming along well and hopes to be released soon. Kind acts and well wishes such as yours provide him such a boost, he is truly dedicated and passionate about getting back out to the races."

Man, I can hardly wait. Hurry back, Superman.

gerade bei nhra.com entdeckt..

grüß
markus