PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Is Dragracing in Germany Dead ?

Steve
03.10.2003, 18:11
Is Dragracing in Germany Dead ?

Sjoerd
04.10.2003, 00:22
No it is not dead. However it is in the Intensive care unit right now. Doctors give it a 50/50 change

Steve
05.10.2003, 00:23
Respect, Good answar,

coolchevy
11.10.2003, 16:38
unfortunately true - sad truth, but truth...

Silke
11.10.2003, 20:34
no it is not.
the 1on1 club drivers are mostly slower than 11 seconds, but not dead. ;)

Mürre
11.10.2003, 23:22
i think, dragracing in germany is NOT dead !
we have lot of racers and nice racecars in germany and switzerland. they want to have fun and races. but theres a lack of racetracks, promotors and money ! (S)
we had 10-12 races a year back in the early 1990s.
the cars and bikes were getting quicker and faster and more quality chassis and engines were built.the racers invested their money and the et,s dropped seconds not tenths. the spectators were plenty. but the racetracks AND promotors didnt keep up this pace.
alteno is a dust-desert now. wittstock and großdölln are dead. hockenheim is a one-race-per-year track....
then we had trackpromotors, they were so stupid and fighted against each other. we had a few dragrace clubs, they did the same... X(
the races started at 11am and at 12 was a break til 13pm, the finals were run at 19pm. and everybody is wondering now, where the spectators are !! after years with no allout race action in the day and some chearleader and michael jackson shows, the spectators said : kiss my ass !!
now we have the situation, we have good fast cars and bikes, but no place to race ! 8o
the solution is not easy and it will take some time (and money )
and there will be not built a lot of new cars and bikes, if you must go to england or sweden to have a good racetrack, where you can get the power to the ground.
@silke: 11 seconds in the 1/8 or 1/4 mile ??

Grasshopper
12.10.2003, 08:04
Its a problem that needs to be tackled from the top.
DMSB is fine in providing insurance for the races, but they better re-think their prices.
High fees will not help in making a profit for the organizers.
Except for the alteno training i spend this year racing in denmark and on brand-meetings.
Also proper advertising is needed. The VW part of the oschersleben weekend (drags+VW-Treffen) was canceled on the web but still came true.
BTW: Wittstock is still in use for motorsports--Slalom racing that is....

Garry
12.10.2003, 14:02
Original von Mürre
the races started at 11am and at 12 was a break til 13pm, the finals were run at 19pm. and everybody is wondering now, where the spectators are !! after years with no allout

Hm ... at the 1on1 events, we usually started around 10 and had a total of usually 8h of driving ... even in October, we had a total of around 700 runs(!)
For a utilities fee of only 2€ per person, what more can you ask for?

Silke
12.10.2003, 14:53
@ Mürre
between 9,5 sec. (Nova) and 24 sec (Kenworth Truck) at the Quartermile - Testtrack. :D

And talking about it:
positive TV reports in motorvision in July / August,
and yesterday / today the Kabel1-Report in "Abenteuer Auto"
http://www.kabel1.de/info/aa/themen_a-z/index.php?13759

...trying to better the image of the dragracing in Germany. :D
We had drivers coming from France, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Belgium, America, Germany and Switzerland this year.

My idea is that any type of sport is only going to live if you keep the interest of the public going.
Sample: Soccer would not be the most popular sport
in Germany if there was only 5 top Clubs...
(FCK, Bayern, Schalke, whatever...) and nothing else.

Because the people need to grow up with the sport
at a smaller, cheaper level.
They got to learn the rules and understand the game, get exited over small wins and losses, and even try to do it themself which is only possible if it is cheap and affordable for about almost everybody.
Out of this variety the future elite can - and will grow.
Others will stay at their level or step back and become fans and spectators. But this interested mass is keeping the sport alive, those guys (and girls) will follow their idol ("I raced against him 10 years ago") support the
sport and the larger events.

Mürre
12.10.2003, 20:07
i agree, but we should do this talk in german language, too !