PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Keithe Bartlet statement

The lonesome Dragstripper
12.05.2008, 10:04
zur lage der FIA Europameisterschaft...

Eurodragster.com: Easter must have been hellish for you.

Keith Bartlett: We've had some bad weather this year, including the first Easter with snow since 1994 which was a setback for what is traditionally a big and popular event. The Alternative Energy event was good, though. and we have a lot more activities in that direction.

Eurodragster.com: The European Championships are almost upon us...

Keith Bartlett: I am disappointed that the Championships have so few rounds. I would be delighted if we could see Hockenheim back in. Entry is looking good in all classes though, we are anticipating between ten and twelve Top Fuellers at Mantorp and at the European Finals. Pro Mod is huge as always, and Pro Stock and Top Methanol are all increasing. I know I sound like a cracked LP and said all this last year but we need seven or eight rounds. But that is easier said than done, we can't go back to the standard of tracks we had years ago. You can't run on runways any more and we have to be professional for everyone, racers and fans. We need grandstands, proper pits, showers and other amenities, good access and good quality corporate hospitality.

Eurodragster.com: It must be a hard market out there now.

Keith Bartlett: We have to take more back to the sponsors and we are looking to entertain them more than before. Print and TV are now so cheap that they are more effective than sponsorship. You need good facilities to get these people along, and to get those facilities you need to invest, it's a circle. There are lots of circuits but not very many drag strips. The TV coverage is on the increase, it's on terrestrial channels in Sweden and Germany, and it's strong but not strong enough in its own right.

Eurodragster.com: Any expansion on the horizon?

Keith Bartlett: We've been working on Italy for two and a half years and I am back out there next week. We're up against green governments now and I can tell you that nitro has the worst carbon footprint of any racing fuel. But I am quite sure that we'll get the Championship up to eight rounds and I see Eastern Europe and the Middle East coming in alongside Italy and Germany. And we need to own and build more tracks in England.

gefunden von
markus münch
bei eurodragster.com

Patrick Kaiser
12.05.2008, 11:04
Hi das sind wieder wahre Worte. Womit wir wieder beim Thema wären. Ein Teufelskreis.
Gruß
Pat

Benni
12.05.2008, 22:40
Original von Keith Bartlett.......The TV coverage is on the increase, it's on terrestrial channels in Sweden and Germany.......

Hallo TV-Experten !
Hab ich da was verpaßt ?
Wo bitte kann ich in Deutschland FIA Dragracing auf TV Sehen ?
Bis dann,
Benni

The lonesome Dragstripper
12.05.2008, 22:49
Hallo TV-Experten !
Hab ich da was verpaßt ?
Wo bitte kann ich in Deutschland FIA Dragracing auf TV Sehen ?
Bis dann,
Benni

keine ahnung...

kommt evtl. noch...

aber, wer die DVD hat is da klar im vorteil...

hat nämlich schon alles gesehen.

grüße
markus

RKL
13.05.2008, 09:08
Hallo Benni,

nach wie vor gibt es alle FIA Events auf "Extreme Sports Channel" und das recht Zeitnah nach den Veranstaltungen (4 Wochen ?). Die Sendung ist seit neustem deutsch kommentiert, jedoch spricht der Kommentator nur den englischen Text nach und hat null Ahnung von Drag Racing.

Ich empfange diesen Sender über UnityMedia (Kabel Deutschland) im Sportteil (da ist u.a. auch MotorsTV dabei wo auch ab und zu Drag Racing gezeigt wird).

Gruß

Rene

Gittli
13.05.2008, 20:49
Hi,
so ganz 100 %ig ist das wovon KB spricht wohl noch nicht, aber ziemlich sicher. Sobald es fix ist, wird er es veröffentlichen.

Ansonsten sagt das TV Coverage, dass die FIA/UEM Läufe auf den Sendern zu empfangen sind, die Rene genannt hat (und noch ein paar mehr über den Globus).

Gittli