PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : V8 Motor,kompitabel mit Chevy o.ä.?

Spunk
22.01.2009, 20:54
Weiss vielleicht jemand von euch,ob der Motor mit Chevy o.ä. kompitabel ist?Er kommt zumindest aus dem Hause GM!Ein besseres Bild hab ich leider nicht.

Björn Lähndorf
23.01.2009, 07:57
Hallo,
Also nach der Wasserpumpe und dem Steuergehäusedeckel ist
das ein australischer Holden V8.
Die sind nicht kompatibel mit irgendwelchen US - GM Motoren.
Was mich wundert ist das die secondaries vom Quadrajet mit einem "Deckel"
versehen sind; lässt auf einen sehr kleinen Motor schliessen. Vielleicht ist das
auch nur ein 2-jet - kann ich nicht genau erkennnen.

Gruß

Björn

nova66
23.01.2009, 10:01
Was mich wundert ist das die secondaries vom Quadrajet mit einem "Deckel"

Hi Björn,

ist das nicht normal bei E-Choke, dass der im Stand bei kaltem Zustand so aussieht?

Grüße

Boris

LUV Truck
23.01.2009, 12:11
Original von nova66
[QUOTE]Was mich wundert ist das die secondaries vom Quadrajet mit einem "Deckel"

ist das nicht normal bei E-Choke, dass der im Stand bei kaltem Zustand so aussieht?

quote]

The choke is on the primaries, the secondaries have air doors which open under load. The butterflys on the secondaries are mechanical and open when you step on the pedal. A 2-jet is smaller that a Quadrajet physically.

Looking at the waterpump and timing chain case, it almost looks like a Chrysler Poly 318 with a Rochester on the top, but the valve covers don't bolt on right.

Björn Lähndorf
23.01.2009, 13:08
@ Luv truck

there are some 2 jets out there that are indeed 2 jets but they do have
the std. four barrel air horn.
If you look closely at the pic. you may discover that it has no sec. air flaps at
the top.

Björn

Spunk
23.01.2009, 13:27
Richtig,ist ein Holden V8.Der speziell jetzt 283cui,gibt da aber auch grössere.
Mir geht es speziell darum,dass ich eventuell vorhabe einen 5.7er Chevy in einen Opel Rekord E zu bauen.Für den Umbau habe ich deswegen an die Holden Teile gedacht (Ölwanne,Motorhalter usw).Problem ist nämlich,dass beim Rekord der Ölsumpf vorn ist...

RaceFink
23.01.2009, 13:51
Hallo,

nimm doch einen Ford. Da is der Sumpf auch vorne.

Gruß Udo

LUV Truck
23.01.2009, 16:00
Original von Björn Lähndorf
@ Luv truck

there are some 2 jets out there that are indeed 2 jets but they do have
the std. four barrel air horn.
If you look closely at the pic. you may discover that it has no sec. air flaps at
the top.

Björn

Can you find me some documentation on the internet for those carbs? I've never seen one. Not saying that they don't exist, but I saved the picture, zoomed in on it and it still looks like a NON-Chevrolet, Rochester Quadrajet, although the air doors do look somewhat solid in the picture. I think I see the accelerator pump shooters in the rear though.

Cheers,
Alex

Spunk
23.01.2009, 17:01
Original von RaceFink
Hallo,

nimm doch einen Ford. Da is der Sumpf auch vorne.

Gruß Udo

Bin ein Ford-hasser ;)

Björn Lähndorf
23.01.2009, 21:35
Hi Alex,

i`am not shure if i held one of these 2/4 barrels in my hands or saw
it on one of our cars several weeks ago.
When i`am back in the shop on monday i will flip some hoods to locate it.
Will do some pics and shoot them over to you.

regards

Björn

LUV Truck
23.01.2009, 23:18
Cool.
That would be a first to see. I don't see why they would do it, maybe to just offer a more fuel efficient carb to fit on a 4 barrel manifold without an adapter or changing the intake, but having that come straight from Rochester? Still find it odd.

Thanks,
Alex

White Dragon
24.01.2009, 09:40
Hallo,

jaja, das leidige Thema Rekord E / Commo C / Senator A mit Chevy Small Block, was mich auch schon manche Stunden in die Verzweiflung getrieben hat ...

Soweit ich weiß, ist der Ölsumpf beim Holden Commodore VH auch hinter der Vorderachse und der Holden hat eine andere Vorderachse und eine andere Lenkung als der Rekord E / Commo C.

Entweder brauchst du für den Umbau eine andere Ölwanne (evtl. Opel Diplomat B oder Chevy II / Nova), oder du mußt die Lenkung vom Rekord entsprechend verändern.

Vor ein paar Monaten war eine Bericht über den Opel Commo C Voyage von Jochen Reich als Drift-Fahrzeug mit BMW-Motor und geänderter Lenkung in der Opel-Tuning, die Homepage ist www-jr-motorsport.de.

Keep on cruisin
Marco

Björn Lähndorf
31.01.2009, 12:17
@ Alex,

i finally dit some research on these "mistery" Rochester carbs and found
out they are called Rochester 2ME or 2 MC dualjet.
From the outside they look nearly like a quadrajet but they do not
have any sec. throttle blades nor do they have the sec. air flaps.
Have no idea why not use a 2 jet in these appl.
Could not locate any pics. of these but if you google the name you`l
gona find some exploded views.

hope this helps

Björn

LUV Truck
31.01.2009, 12:51
Those are dual jets which are not physically the same size as quadra jets. The 2ME is the electrical version used on 80's cars before they went to fuel injection. Go here -->>

http://www.carburetorsandmore.com/rochester.htm

and scroll down to the last two models.

Still researching myself!

powercommo
31.01.2009, 16:22
hi,
das geht auch mit nem 5.7. hab auch nen sbc in meinem commo b und hab gerade für nen kunden nen diplomotor in nen rekord c gebaut.
grüsse torsten