PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Pirmasens Drag Racing Camaro Query

Euro1320Racer
05.12.2010, 12:50
Hello,
Looking through some old video (tape) footage from dragracing in Pirmasens. Good times with racing every two weeks around the corner. Back then I drove a Mopar and the LUV truck was blue and white running 13’s. Anyways, I hope someone will recognize the red Camaro in this video running Henry Roeder’s Dart. I believe I saw the car twice and never again. Once in Pirmasens for the races and once at the “Cars are the Stars” show at Vogelweh. I believe it had the first mountain motor I had seen in Europe with a Shafiroff 632. After completing a burnout prior this final run against Henry the Camaro lost a slick and had to mount its street tires to make this run. Does anybody know who owned the car and where it’s at now? It was very nicely built, clean and not too cut up if at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBQQ-4Ns2g

Danys-Garage
05.12.2010, 13:42
Hi..., Alex... :wink:

Camaro....., Hmmmm.., :gruebel: i think that the Name from the Car was "Tough-Enough"....

The Driver... (i dont remember his Name) crashed the Car in 2003 or 2004 in Oscherleben.!

After about 100 mtr. he lose control over the car and turn it over.! :bawling:

Greetings
Dany

Ratracer
05.12.2010, 14:35
I'm pretty shure that's Michael ("Mountain Mike") Klauer's 1967 Camaro with a 632 ci Shafiroff engine. Beautiful car! There was a write-up on his car in issue 04/00 (April 2000) of the german edition of Chrom & Flammen.
I saw it run at Pirmasens and at least once at Hockenheim (Nitrolympics).

Euro1320Racer
05.12.2010, 14:43
Hello Dany and Ratracer,

Thank you for the antworten. Ich glaube das diese Camaro schon irgendwas mit einem Mountain Mike zu tun hatte. Nice car that sounded pretty good. Ich glaube Henry's Dart hat dieses rennen gewonnen aber sein auto war sehr konstant and he didn't have the disadvantage of having to change tires in eliminations.

Cheers,

Klötzer Jungs
05.12.2010, 15:24
Hallo...,

@Dany:

Den "Tough-Enough"-Camaro gibt es meines Wissens nach noch! Zwar (noch) nicht fahrbereit, aber er existiert (glaub ich) noch.
Der Besitzer/Pilot war und ist Ralph Dewald aus Algermissen...welcher hier bestimmt auch noch viel mitliest.

Denn...er unterstützt dieses Board!!! Rechts das Banner www.americar.eu ist seine Firma!

Hatte ihn einst zusamm mit Stefan Giese kennengelernt und nur mal so am Rande, sind beide sehr nette und überaus kompetente Renn- und UScar-freunde. Bei technischen Problemen wären sie mein erster Anlaufpunkt.

Naja, nur mal soviel zum 'alten' "Tough-Enough"-Camaro. ;o)

Schönen Sonntag noch, Mirko

Great8ride
05.12.2010, 16:21
Hello there
What´s up with the pirmasens dragstrip, is there still a race?
Gruß Uli

Christoph Nauck
05.12.2010, 16:37
@Mirko
alles richtig :respekt: - bis auf:
der Name vom Camaro wurde ( ich weiß : Klugsch.) TUFF ENUFF geschrieben ;-)
Gruß Christoph

Klötzer Jungs
05.12.2010, 16:43
@Christoph:

Na weißt doch...'uns' haben 'sie' im Osten nur Russisch gelehrt, da fällt einem das nicht einfach. ;-)

Hoff bis bald, 'Herr Tankstellen-Überfaller' und dabei in die Kamerakucker (Insider) ;o)

440-6bbl
05.12.2010, 18:04
Besitzer war damals Michael Klauer, hat ihn aber meines Wissens nach in die USA verkauft (Florida ?)

Euro1320Racer
05.12.2010, 18:42
Original von Great8ride
Hello there
What´s up with the pirmasens dragstrip, is there still a race?
Gruß Uli

Nahh, I think 97 was the last year run there. I think the burgermeister of Pirmasens didn't want anymore racing there after Benni (track announcer) and a bunch of Harley guys were invited one weekend. :thumb:

Today there is just a bunch of grass growing where the helipad was. Traction there was horrible but it was still an opportunity to make some runs.

Will post a video of some of the bike racing too.

Benni, did you have long hair then? I think I remember you being there in riding leathers.

Benni
05.12.2010, 21:02
............yes, Alex, I was the ponytailed guy in leather jacket doing the comments,
and partying with the AHD racers under surveillance of MP doing patrol rounds.
Schönes altes Video hast du da, bringt Erinnerungen zurück.
Mountain Mike lebt jetzt in Florida, hat immer noch nen ansehnlichen Fuhrpark,
irgandwo hab ich mal seine Seite gefunden, da war er mit ner Kreidler(Zündapp?) die 50 Meilen zur Bike Week gefahren....:D
Bis dann,
Benni

ChevyV8
05.12.2010, 22:34
Nabend,

Schaut mal hier da sind bilder von Mike seinen Toys:

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/powertoys/

Gibt es noch mehr aufnahmen von Pirmasens? Suche ein video von einem Amerikanischen kollegen der ist damals mit einem dunkelblauen Kaefer gefahren.

Gruss Michael

Benni
05.12.2010, 23:24
Ja, das ist die Page, sehr aktuell scheint sie nicht zu sein,
mein Eintrag von 2005 ist einer der letzten.......:tumbleweed:
Die Bilder vom Camaro zeigen ein unglaublich sauber aufgebautes Auto,
und der Rest vom Fuhrpark ist auch nicht schlecht...:respekt:
Den Käfig im Camaro hatte ich glatt vergessen.
Bis dann,
Benni

Euro1320Racer
06.12.2010, 08:01
Original von ChevyV8
Gibt es noch mehr aufnahmen von Pirmasens? Suche ein video von einem Amerikanischen kollegen der ist damals mit einem dunkelblauen Kaefer gefahren.

Gruss Michael

Hallo Michael,

Are you talking about Chuck Tinsley's kaefer? I think I might have some video of it and his vega after be brought it from the US testing it out and working the bugs out.

ChevyV8
06.12.2010, 13:00
Original von Euro1320Racer

Original von ChevyV8

Gruss Michael

Hallo Michael,

Are you talking about Chuck Tinsley's kaefer? I think I might have some video of it and his vega after be brought it from the US testing it out and working the bugs out.

Hello Alex,

Yes im talking about Charley Tensley and his Blue Kaefer. I know the Vega i went to the races with him and helped him. Maybe you find a video from the Vega or the kaefer and can put it online.

Gruss