Hi, bzgl. der Achse hab ich was interessantes gefunden (Turbobricks - da geht´s wohl um Volvos):

Just sharing ...

The Volvo 240 rear axle width is about 55" mounting surface to mounting surface.

Ford Explorer 8.8 axles come with 31 spline axle shafts, most have Traction Lok/LSD and 1995+ have disk brakes. They have the following dimensions:

Wheel mounting to wheel mounting surface width: 59.5"
Drivers side axle shaft length: 30.688"
Passenger side axle shaft length: 27.813"
Axle shaft length difference: 2.875"

This means cutting 2.875" out of the drivers/long side of a Explorer 8.8 axle will result in an overall axle width of about 56.5", only 1.5" wider than a stock Volvo 240 axle.

They come in 3.27, 3.55, 3.73 and 4.10 final gear ratio with tons of aftermarket R&Ps for just about any application. I searched on Car Part and they range in price from about $200-$300 in my area.

The two downsides as I see it are the additional weight over the 240 axle and that the axle shafts use C clips inside the differential to hold them in meaning one would have to remove the diff cover and pull the center pin. That is offset by guys with Mustangs running them down in the 8s so, stock, they're almost unburstable by the power levels all but a small few of us might generate ... with chromoly axles the axle would be super strong.

Ich hab so´ne Disc Brake Explorer 8.8 unter meinem Valiant, der Umbau ist echt easy. Bei Interesse: ich hab noch ´ne zweite Explorer 8.8 mit 4.11 Diff. Benötigt Steckachsen, Sperre, Bremsen und dann fahrzeugspezifische Halter. Kann auf Wunsch einseitig gekürzt werden um das Diff in die Mitte zu bringen, wär dann quasi das gleiche wie in dem Forumsbeitrag beschrieben.

Gruss Michel