Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 11 bis 20 von 20

Thema: ProET ab 2017 mit Trottel-Stopp!

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all it's sometime since I popped my head in here and I see some talk about throttle stops.

OK, here we go with throttle stops. Here in the USA at NHRA tracks you can use them in only Super Pro if the track allows its. All track here in Florida are OK with you using them in Super Po, in fact I raced yesterday in Gainesville at there second bracket race with the T/Stop with the Super Street race car and I ran it over the 1/8 mile yesterday.
    I know up north in other states most tracks don't allow them, plus IHRA don't like them to be used in all bracket classes but again if the track allows it you can.

There seams to be alot of confusion over in England about Throttle Stop. This is because alot of teams in S/P have been using for some time now starting controllers, also know as a Pro Stage (PRO-STAGE" starting line controller), which looks just like the inline throttle stops connected to the linkage of the carburetor. These however work completely diffrent to the way a throttle works. Because most people in England don't understand this it has led to this new rule being introduced.
    I hope this helps you understand a little better whats going on over there.

https://www.krperformance.com/Item/ps_lw Here you can see what the PRO STAGE from K&R Performance look like
    Geändert von tony morris (06.02.2017 um 04:18 Uhr)

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Benni
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Tony !

Good to see you here again, choose the exactly right time to pop in.

I have looked at the KRP site, looked at the manuals, but saw only instructions for setting up ET control,

some lines about opening and closing speed of throttle for compensating tire slip,

but nothing really about start line controlling (controlling what, exactly? ).

Can you shine a light into this -relatively- new tech ?

I still remember that one night in the old sunday chat where you explained the legal tricks

involving delay boxes, crossover boxes, bumping up and down while lights were running down and other stuff

needed to be successful in US bracket racing.

So please sum up that tech for n00bs like me.

I would not like to have throttle stops in bracket racing as it dilutes the "seat of the pants" feeling

which I think is an essential part of bracket racing.

I would like to have throttle stops banned in the entry forms of NitrOlympX bracket classes.

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Benni
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry, doppelpopst

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    throttle stop gibt ne geilere Soundkulisse

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Benni, well first these have been around for over 25 years, Frank Hawley worked together with K&R to come up with this system in the early 1990's I recall while still living in Germany in 1991 reading about them in Hot Rod.

Now this is how it works here in the states with the delay box connected to this system.
    After you have finished the burn out and just before you pre stage you press a button to activate the system. This allows you to press the gas pedal to wide open but the carburetor doesn't move to wide open because there is no air in the ram connected to the carb. The system works different from this point on for the pro tree and full tree read on.

Pro Tree- Once the second car has staged you press the trans brake button and the car goes to wide open by its self because you already have your foot in the car at wide open throttle now you can fully focus on the tree.

Full tree-It's the same procedure at the start line but when you press the trans brake button it won't go to wide open until you let go of the button which in Super Pro is when the top bulb comes on as the tree is coming down it gos to wide open now.

The delay box knows the different between a pro tree and full tree because of the amount of delay you have in the delay box. The Ford we run in Super Street normally runs around 1.080-1.105 of delay depending on track day or night and weather contitions. My dragster which run around 7.50 in the 1/4 mile runs around 1.140-1.170 of delay.

Now in England they don't allow delay boxes so they have to set them up in a different way, it's mostly the quicker cars like the dragsters with blowers that use them. They set them up so they only go to around 2000rpm while in stage but when the car leave the start line the car goes by its self to wide open. This way there not over reving the motor while the tree come down.

This is from K&R
    The Pro-Stage system is designed to improve driver concentration and reaction time consistency on both Pro and Full (bracket) trees.

I hope this helps everyone understand how this works, alot of people think it's easy to use a delay box and throttle stop but trust me they are far from it.
    Geändert von tony morris (07.02.2017 um 03:44 Uhr)

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von RaceFink
    Downloads
    Uploads
    make sense to me
    It`s a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Tony,
    thanx for the explanation.
    But iirc was such a starting-device also legal in the past.
    New is that a regular throttle-stop is now legal in bracket racing.
    So it doesn't matter if someone is not able to use it.
    If one can set it up, he has a significant advantage to his competitors.
    This makes nonsens to the spirit of bracket racing.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no advanged to running with or without a throttle stop, infact it takes sometime to learn the basics of running a T Stop there is a lot of things that can upset the car and the way the car runs if not set up correctly. How much rpm you have when its on the stop, when to shift time or rpm, type of stop being used etc. The four blade works different to a inline type of stop. When using a four blade when the stop come on the engine gos lean and then slowly comes back to a fair air fuel ratio, when using a inline the engine gos rich and returns to a fair air fuel ratio. So getting the set up right is important to getting the most and best out of your set up, if your to lean or to rich its going to hurt the motor down the road.

Tony Morris

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Tony,

your concerns messing up the engine is only substantial for carburetors.
    Nower days more and more ecus are used.
    So the user of a t-stop has no problems with a lean or rich afr.
    Imho it is an advantage.
    The only question is, who can set it up best.
    This leads to arms race, what bracket racing is not for.

Greets Reinhard

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Carburetors still rule over here in the USA, electronic fuel injection is far away from taking over in bracket racing and the super classes

Lesezeichen