Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 20

Thema: ProET ab 2017 mit Trottel-Stopp!

Hybrid-Darstellung

Vorheriger Beitrag Vorheriger Beitrag   Nächster Beitrag Nächster Beitrag
    Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Benni, well first these have been around for over 25 years, Frank Hawley worked together with K&R to come up with this system in the early 1990's I recall while still living in Germany in 1991 reading about them in Hot Rod.

Now this is how it works here in the states with the delay box connected to this system.
    After you have finished the burn out and just before you pre stage you press a button to activate the system. This allows you to press the gas pedal to wide open but the carburetor doesn't move to wide open because there is no air in the ram connected to the carb. The system works different from this point on for the pro tree and full tree read on.

Pro Tree- Once the second car has staged you press the trans brake button and the car goes to wide open by its self because you already have your foot in the car at wide open throttle now you can fully focus on the tree.

Full tree-It's the same procedure at the start line but when you press the trans brake button it won't go to wide open until you let go of the button which in Super Pro is when the top bulb comes on as the tree is coming down it gos to wide open now.

The delay box knows the different between a pro tree and full tree because of the amount of delay you have in the delay box. The Ford we run in Super Street normally runs around 1.080-1.105 of delay depending on track day or night and weather contitions. My dragster which run around 7.50 in the 1/4 mile runs around 1.140-1.170 of delay.

Now in England they don't allow delay boxes so they have to set them up in a different way, it's mostly the quicker cars like the dragsters with blowers that use them. They set them up so they only go to around 2000rpm while in stage but when the car leave the start line the car goes by its self to wide open. This way there not over reving the motor while the tree come down.

This is from K&R
    The Pro-Stage system is designed to improve driver concentration and reaction time consistency on both Pro and Full (bracket) trees.

I hope this helps everyone understand how this works, alot of people think it's easy to use a delay box and throttle stop but trust me they are far from it.
    Geändert von tony morris (07.02.2017 um 02:44 Uhr)

Lesezeichen