Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

Thema: Nitrous use in Germany?

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blinzeln Nitrous use in Germany?

Hello again,

I see below that one of my questions has been answered. That question was, is N2O allowed in Germany. I will be purchasing an NX wet kit shortly and was wondering how available are fill stations? What is the average cost of a 10lb bottle fill? Also, what are German laws concerning nitrous usage? Thank you for your time )

Maverick

Super-Moderator Avatar von Torsten Kath
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Maverick,

first of all NOS is not allowed in Street legal cars in germany and it is also heavy to get nitrous to buy.

But there are a few refill stations. The cost for a kilogramm (about 2 lbs) is staring at Euro 10,--.

While driving a Pro Mod car I have a refill station and also NOS for sale. The refill station is normally in Berlin.

It is normally not allowed to sale NOS and I also will only sell to people I know and who have legal racing bottles.

Hope that helps,

CU Torsten

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von coolchevy
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mav,

this is a real hot topic all over Europe. Unlike the US, where disconnecting the line is enough to fulfill local rules, in Europe having NOS installed in any street legal car remains illegal, disconnected or not. Keep in mind that NOS is governed by narcotic protection laws and hence can not be bought on the street just like that either.

The law says that whatever is permanently mounted into any vehicle has to undergo TUEV inspection, if it is a steering wheel, a rim or engine modifications. Many have tried to get it certified but to my knowledge only a few have actually achieved that, with remark "to be used offroad only".

Now you most probably run your car with US AFB plates which changes the picture in that you can get away with a lot of things, but, keep in mind it still remains illegal if caught.

Now that doesn't mean that you can't get it for racing but in most European countries US bottles won't be filled by gas supplying stations because US bursts tests are not accepted. Here you have three choices, go for those official ugly steel bottles, provide 2 bottles for destructive burst tests, or give a damn and use your own filling station. The latter is the most common solution anyway.

To make matters worse, it is forbidden in the Public Race class where you most probably would like to compete in anyway, your are much better off in doing what we discussed last year, stroke the LT1 to 5.95l (if blown, you have to stay below 6l = 365ci for PR II) and twin turbo it.

Much more fun on the Autobahn and much more fun on the strip - there aren't many "race watcha brung" challenges here so my advice, forget about NOS in street legal cars.

Hey, we are going down to 24hours of Le Mans races in June, Rick for sure and possibly Seth from Combination Motorsports fly in from the States, wanna join us ?

I got once caught with it, although the bottle was painted red and camouflaged as fire extinguisher bottle and I paid real big bucks for carrying forbidden substances - that was really ugly and expensive !

Heinz

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thanks for the replies guys! I had no idea it was this big of a deal. I expected that since www.oslracing.com was now sponsored by NX, that nitrous was kind of like in America. Meaning, you can't use it on the street, but you can at the track. You guys just saved me $1500. I will not risk it now due to me being in the Air Force, and I like to keep clear of trouble. Besides, I already have Seth's supercharger kit on. I have also bought a nice heads/cam setup from him waiting to go on when I get back to America. Sorry Heinz, I will not get to Germany until the end of July. I would love to hit every automotive event possible this time around in Germany. Man I can't wait. My email is MadMav@i-mnet.com. Shoot me some of them new pictures. How is the SS coming along?

Take care,
    Mav