Hi merlin, there are pro's and con's to the use of Methanol.

Motor oil
First you are going to have to use a normal oil, no synthetic oil will work with Methanol. If you race with injection then you are going to have to change the oil more, when I ran my Model T in Germany we would change the oil around every ten runs but you could go maybe twenty runs if it not to rich. I run 50W in the model T and 20W50 oil in my present dragster which has a 1250 Holley and is set up to run Methanol.

There are many company's offering Methanol carb's in the US but they all run diifferent, some are set up very rich on idle and you have to change the oil about every twenty runs, I change the oil somewhere between 40 to 50 runs. If the engine idle's very rich then you end up washing the piston rings and they wear out in no time.

Carb's or injection
Injection is always faster that a carb, if you go with a carb then there are a few thing to pay attention to. First the floats if you have brass one's make sure there ok if the car back fires thought the carb as they can be crushed easy. If you have the black floats then it is a good idear to drain the Methanol out of the carb after the race. We race almost ever week so I don't do this so every six month I put new float in the carb, the float get around 3grams heavy in this time and you will start losing ET and ilde rich. With injection you have to drain everything and spray oil in the pump and so on.

You will pick up around .2 in ET when changing from gas to Methanol with a carb with a big block with around 12.5:1 comp, if the engine has more comp then a little less ET and less comp .3 is possible. The BLP dragster has a 565ci and 15.5:1 comp, it runs 7.60's in the heat.

Fuel Pump
If you have a 10 second car and have 1.30 60ft or slower then you can get away with a electric pump, but if you can try to use a mechanical fuel pumps as you will run faster with one on a carb. The electic pump can not deliver enough fuel after the 1/8 so it runs to lean towards the finish line.

I hope this helps if you do not understand I'm sure Andrea or maybe someone else will translate Tony