Below is the answer I gave Franky last time, but when you think about it you are suppying 4cyl (4.5l) with one fuel pump right.

On a other note Paul Maston's Monza won in S/G today at Santa Pod and they were also running the car in S/C (8.90) a few month ago this was not possible with the old fuel pump they were running.

Answer from http://dragracing.de/thread.php?thre...ight=fuel+pump

Sure you can make it work but you would run faster with a mechanical fuel pump than with two electric fuel pumps. You need around 10psi to 11psi and some time more at the finsh line with a Alcohol carburetors.
With the electric fuel pump you could never adjust it that high or it will floor into the motor at idle.

I have spoken to many racer over here about this, as we sell pumps at BLP and just about all the top racer now use are pumps.

We sold a Alcohol carb to Paul Marson drag racing school in England last year, they also tryed to run with a electric fuel pump but they jusy couldn't get the car to repeat run after run, I keep telling him to put the pump on that he had already purchased from BLP at the same time as the carb.

Now he has put the mechanical pump on the car for this weekends race. This weekend they are trying to race in England at the Summernationals, Paul called me today and said man I wish we had put that pump on early it pulls much better at the top end now running a 9.04@ 148.00 in his Chevy Monza which has a 488ci in it and a 1050 BLP carb.

I have been running with Alcohol on my lastest car since 2003, all I do is change the floats every six month as they get heavy with Alcohol over time and the performance starts to drop off. As we race twice a month we don't drain it unless the car is going to sit for more that a month.

Fränky I know you can make it work, but trust me if you are running two carbs on Alcohol on a 543ci and have one pump per carb, then don't you think you would have less hassle with just one pump suppling both carb. This would then give you peace of mind that you are getting plent of fuel and getting the full PS out of your race car.

Do not worry about your English I to have my problems with spelling.

Tony