Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 11 bis 20 von 20

Thema: Methanol.. was muß ich da beachten

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Merlin
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Luck for this weekend in Altlanta Tony.

It seens to become a very interessting discussion

Cheers,

Merlin :walker:
    "The Key to going Fast is to learn from those who are going the Fastest."
    Krümel Racing powered by Savage Attack

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that in Germany that you can buy E85 at the gas station, and it must be good to sell to the pubic. Over here we have tested E85 at BLP Products where I work on the dyno, I have also build two carb for racers at BLP. One was a 1050 and then a 850 and they were for drag racers. The big problem is you don't always get the same E85, there still is not a good soure for us to buy good quality E85.

This weekend I am racing at Atlanta and I have not seen one car here with E85 and I'm always looking. I think in time in might catch on but for now no body will even thing about it.

When I did the 850 a few month ago it was a brand new one, the owner had sent in his old one to see if we could use it, let me tell you that if you don't clean the carb out after every race it won't last long because we could use it.

The set up for E85 is between gas and Alcohol, when you swich to Alcohol you pick up torque and it carrys on thought the fuel curve, so it doe's not fall off in the upper rpm, with E85 you get more torque that gas but lose it in the upper rpm as it is not happy at 7000rpm.

Tony

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Patrick Kaiser

Both pumps work very good I have tryed both, I use a belt driven BLP 500 pump and because I work there they want to see me use there's.

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ho Ove,

habe auch schon an E85 gedacht. Bitte vergesse aber nicht das dein BB nicht in die von Tony angesprochenen Drehzahlen kommt.
    Wenn Du alledings einen bereits abgestimmten Motor für Methanol bekommst wird das mit der Einstellerei für E85 eine lange Testphase.
    Vermute ich mal.
    Sicher liegt E85 preislich bei der Hälfte von Methanol, aber das ist eigentlich nicht so mein primäres Augenmerkt.

Na mal sehen wo uns die Winterpause und Diskussion noch hinbringt.

Gruß Merlin :walker:

Benutzer Avatar von Tom Winter
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Methanol ist bei gleichbleibender Qualität
    wesentlich günstiger .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Original von Tom Winter
    Methanol ist bei gleichbleibender Qualität
    wesentlich günstiger .
    Hi Tom,

Danke für die Info.
    Werde mal sehen was Kenneth von Sonoco so dazu sagen wird. *grinz
    Es ist und bleib aber spannend.

CU at Track
    Gruß Merlin :walker:

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So jezt ich mal. Sind acht Jahre Methanolvergaser gefahren auf nem 9Liter-Hemi. Mechanische Pumpe ist kein muß auch wenn Tony das so sieht. Hatten zwei Holley Volumax Pumpen und die waren immer ausreichend. Wir fahren 50er Einbereichsöl, aber immer vorgeheizt. Ölwechsel ist abhänig von der Luftfeuchtigkeit, haben teilweise nach einem Lauf gewechselt, oder das ganze Wochenende nicht. Methanol raus und WD40 rein nach jedem Wochenende kann ich nur empfehlen. Abfallende Verschraubungen, weil zerfressen, gibts so nicht.

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Patrick Kaiser
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ich habe mich die letzten Tage mit dem Thema beschäftigt. Es scheint wirklich ein Problem mit Krst Druck zu sein. Im LL 4 Psi und im Ziel 10- 11 PSI das die Menge ausreicht. So wie ich es ausgerechnet habe braucht man ca das Doppelte an Methanol. Was ist aber,wenn ich ein Bypassventil an den Vergaser montiere welches im LL den Krst Druck senkt ( Rücklauf zum Tank öffnet) und sobald die Drosselklappe über 30% rausgeht den Rücklauf verschließt und 11 psi anliegen. Das müsste doch auch funktionieren oder ?( Ich weiß auch nicht ich glaube ich müsste mich erst noch mit den mechanischen Pumpen anfreuden was ich eigentlich nicht möchte vorallem weil ich eine neue Pro Star 500 Pumpe hier liegen habe.
    Gruß
    Pat

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Below is the answer I gave Franky last time, but when you think about it you are suppying 4cyl (4.5l) with one fuel pump right.

On a other note Paul Maston's Monza won in S/G today at Santa Pod and they were also running the car in S/C (8.90) a few month ago this was not possible with the old fuel pump they were running.

Answer from http://dragracing.de/thread.php?thre...ight=fuel+pump

Sure you can make it work but you would run faster with a mechanical fuel pump than with two electric fuel pumps. You need around 10psi to 11psi and some time more at the finsh line with a Alcohol carburetors.
    With the electric fuel pump you could never adjust it that high or it will floor into the motor at idle.

I have spoken to many racer over here about this, as we sell pumps at BLP and just about all the top racer now use are pumps.

We sold a Alcohol carb to Paul Marson drag racing school in England last year, they also tryed to run with a electric fuel pump but they jusy couldn't get the car to repeat run after run, I keep telling him to put the pump on that he had already purchased from BLP at the same time as the carb.

Now he has put the mechanical pump on the car for this weekends race. This weekend they are trying to race in England at the Summernationals, Paul called me today and said man I wish we had put that pump on early it pulls much better at the top end now running a 9.04@ 148.00 in his Chevy Monza which has a 488ci in it and a 1050 BLP carb.

I have been running with Alcohol on my lastest car since 2003, all I do is change the floats every six month as they get heavy with Alcohol over time and the performance starts to drop off. As we race twice a month we don't drain it unless the car is going to sit for more that a month.

Fränky I know you can make it work, but trust me if you are running two carbs on Alcohol on a 543ci and have one pump per carb, then don't you think you would have less hassle with just one pump suppling both carb. This would then give you peace of mind that you are getting plent of fuel and getting the full PS out of your race car.

Do not worry about your English I to have my problems with spelling.

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tony and Fans,

a very BIG THX for all the input and high value infos.
    I will go with the flow, means mechanical pump.
    I will asked the pre-owner more questions on what and how to do than a swiss cheese has holes
    I will leave the car as it is set up and provide myself and the team with a check list of methanol rules to follow. :grins:
    Even if we have to work a little more, because of full drain and cleaning the lines and pump.
    It sounds not to critical to do that and the benefit we will get is more than appropriate.

If there is anything during the season2008 I will come back to you, be sure of that :grins:

Cheers,
    Merlin :walker: