Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 11 bis 20 von 23

Thema: Chevy 383er Aufbau

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hat jemand einen passenden Wandler für mein Projekt zu verkaufen?
    Th-350 2500 stall.

Gruß
    Phil

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Habe mir in der Bucht eine High Volume Wapu gekauft. Bitte seht euch mal das Teil, ob es wirklich eine High Volume ist..ich hab da so meine Zweifel. Auf dem Gußgehäuse steht PH-182 und A01...Meiner Meinung nach ist das ne A1 Cardone Austausch-Wapu... was meint ihr?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=200293475338

LUV Truck
    Gast
    I think you are going to need more convertor than 2500rpm. Your grind is very similar to the Crane 302 H06 grind which is a Hydraulic lift grind with .500 lift and the same duration as yours. Crane recommends a 3500+ stall convertor for their grind and 10.5-12:1 compression.
    How large were the combustion chambers in your old heads? How much compression are you going to have with the 64cc chambers? What ratio gear is in your rear axle?

The bumpstick is recommended for 262-400 cubic inch small blocks so I think you will be okay with the 350.

Remember, when you see all of those off the shelf-brown bag convertors in Summit from TCI or B&M, the stall rating is behind a more torque producing big block, not a small block. So if you bought a 2500 stall (which might stall at 2000 if you aren't making adequate torque) your car may be a super pig and wouldn't accelerate worth a damn, considering the vehicle's weight.

i wouldn't worry about rockers and all that other jazz, you need to make sure the basic combination is right.

"ein 750cfm Vergaser sollte dann wohl auch drauf" -Too big especially if you go for a 4150 DP, if you were to use a 3310 vacuum secondary type it would probably never fully open. We ran 11's on a 600cfm and 700cfm DP with a 385ci and a mechanical fuel pump.

We've got a used TCI Super Street fighter if your interested. Stalls a little higher.

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...hey, LUV...thanks for reply!

to your questions:

the old heads are the original from GM...engine is build in 1977
    I don´t know how large the combustion chambers are at the original heads...

The seller told me that the compression should be between 9.5-10.5:1 when using the darts on a original 350 small block.

Sorry, I also don´t know the exact ratio gear of my rear axle. I just can say that it is a long convertet axle.

I even thought the same of the 750cfm carb when I saw the heads were full of coal. The seller drove this setup also on a 350 sb. He showed me a video of his car and you could see that it was runing much to "fat"....black smoke out of the exhaust. I think a 650 Holley double pump would be enough.

It´s indeed a problem to find the right stall converter. The car should also be driveable on the street.

You talking about a whole transmission?! How much would that be? Stall?
    shift kit?

greetings
    Phil

LUV Truck
    Gast
    Original von streeteater

the old heads are the original from GM...engine is build in 1977
    I don´t know how large the combustion chambers are at the original heads...

The seller told me that the compression should be between 9.5-10.5:1 when using the darts on a original 350 small block.
    l
    Hello Phil,

The compression depends on the piston and head combination that was on the motor. I can assure you that if the motor is in its original 1977 build state, that the compression isn't too high. If the pistons are original, they are dished and are .015 in the hole and 9.0 may be possible. 9:1 compression with an aluminum head that has 200cc (huge) intake runners won't be a high performer.

The key to acceleration is torque, so you don't want a huge 1050 Dominator carb, nor do you want a Victor Jr. Single plane intake on a lower compression, low revving motor. Run a good dual plane and the right sized carb and you will be one foot ahead. Many combinations are over carbed and over cammed.

The Super Street fighter is a torque convertor

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Projektänderung!
    Nach langem Überlegen & hin & her, hab ich mich jetzt entschieden auf einer besseren Basis auf zu bauen & hab mir deshalb einen neu gemachten 383er sb gezogen, auf den ich oben genannte Kompunenten verbauen will...

freu mich auf eure Kommentare & Anregungen

Gruß
    Phil

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More cubes is almost always good as long as you can get traction out of the suspension. E.g. my car would work worse with a 632 ci motor due to a lack of traction than it does with a little old 467 unless I backhalved the car. Other than that, a 383 is a good motor.
    Do you know what your static compression is going to be with the Dart heads and this block? More torque will make whatever torque converter you have stall higher. Start off with the smaller 650 carb you mentioned earlier.

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, Euro1320Racer!

For my project I´ve also bought a 10" TCI streetfighter converter...stall is about 3000-3500...the 383cui engine has with the standart heads 76cc...a compression of 9.5 to 1...with the darts it should be 10.5 to 1 or maybe higher...I´m not sure...

by the way...I´m still searching for a flexplate for the streetfighter converter...

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ...brauch mal einen Tipp. Ich bin gerade dabei die Freigängigkeit der Ventile zu den Kolben zu prüfen...allerdings sind die Hydros ja nicht so, wie wenn sie Öldruck haben...hab leider keine alten Hydros zum was bauen & auch keine "solid" lifter zum probieren...gibt es da noch eine andere Möglichkeit?

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Weiß ja nicht wie du misst, ich mach das normal ohne Zahnriemen usw.
    Dreh mir die Nockenwelle auf den Hub den ich prüfen will, Kopf mit alter Dichtung drauf, 2 Schrauben anziehen. Knete vorher auf'n Kolben und dann mit Hand langsam durchdrehen. Und wieder auseinander.