Original von coolchevy
1320racer, fleissiger Speedtalkforum Leser wo's rauskopiert wurde?

Der Zincanteil hat immer Vorteile, speziell wenn man Aeration im Öl hat was man von aussen nicht immer sieht. Diese Notlaufeigenschaft und die hohe Scherstabilität machen es so gut. Das das Öl bei einer flat tappet richtig punkten ist völlig klar, ob mech oder hydro ist da völlig egal. Ich tue es aber wegen der Lager rein und nicht wegen der Nockenwelle da ich sowieso nur solid roller fahre. Die Nockenwelle ist nur ein kleines Teil des ganzen Puzzles, da hilft auch nicht wenn man oben genanntes aus dem Context reisst

Ich persönlich bin kein Castrol Fan mehr, seit VR1 sehen die Lager am Kompressormotor nach einer Saison aus wie neu, mit dem guten alten RS Racing von Castrol immer irgendwie vebraucht.

Bin aufs VR1 eigentlich über unsere Bergrenner gekommen die mit Ihren 2l 800PS Turbo Cosworth Und Integrale auch immer mit Lagerschäden zu kämpfen hatten, seit Umstieg ist das gegessener Käse
Yes, I read about the subject on different forums. You see I even gave credit to the poster and the source if someone else would like to follow-up. (SWHEATON at chevelles.com) Would you like the direct link?

I am disappointed with your new looking vs. old looking oil comment. If your oil turns darker in color it doesn't mean it's bad, it means that it is working. It is cleaning your motor with the detergents added to the oil.

Fact is, zink has protective properties, but new cars don't need as much of it. The ZDDP content in oil is lowered due to emissions. Are you going to tell me that due to lower zink quantities in oil that a new Porsche, BMW, Benz, whatever motors will have junk main and rod bearings when torn apart due to running low zinc content oil? I think not. These type of bearings should never come into contact with the crank when the motor is operational (if the motor is assembled correctly with the correct clearances). They ride on a cushion of oil, whether that be lawnmower oil, or your favorite VR1 synthetic. The big differentiating factor is level of detergents, viscosity, and viscosity breakdown.

All of the bickering is mostly based on personal opinion. I like Oil "A", you like Oil "B" and I think Oil "B" is ass. Still the original poster's question remains and two questions need to be asked to answer the question efficiently.

1.) What are you main/rod bearing clearances with what oiling system

2.) and are you running a flat tappet cam?

This dead horse has been sufficiently beaten. Next topic oil filters? ;-)

Cheers,
Alex