Seite 3 von 4 ErsteErste 1234 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 21 bis 30 von 33

Thema: HILFE!!Dominator mit E85 vernüftig einstellen

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mike Sullens aka "Drag Chevette" is NOT a professional carb builder. He is a learning novice working doing this on the side and has admitted that fact.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14095

Here is a post from the same site that my buddy coolchevy started which turned into a heated discussion between "Drag Chevette" and "Pro Systems."

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...031&highlight=

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huhu ich wollte hier keinen streit vom zaun brechen und hier auch niemanden schlecht machen und auch keine namen nennen denn komplikationen giebts überall und aller anfang ist schwer.da mir leider der backround zur vergasertechnik fehlt wollte ich das in proffesionelle hände übergeben und das setup einstellen lassen auch wenn das mit zusätzlichen kosten verbunden ist denn das macht den kohl auch nicht merhr fett-oder Mager?!
    bevor ich da was verfrickle und alles nur noch schlimmer wird.hatte am bowermotor ne bezinanzeige die nun aber nicht mehr drann ist und hatte so 6-8psi also ruhig nen druckregler und ne anzeige nachrüsten werd ich machen!bezinfilter ist natürlich vorhanden!und wenn der liebe und auch korrekte heinz nicht so weit weg wär hätt ich das auto schon hingestellt und nach ner woche oder 2 wieder abgeholt.
    gruß ralf

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von RaceFink
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Na da bin ich ja froh das ich nur zwei "klicks" machen muss und keine weltanschaulichen Diskussionen wenn ich auf E85 wechsle.

Was ich nicht ganz verstehe: Der Mann von ProSystems sagt das E85 schneller brennt aber trotzdem die Zündung mehr Verstellung braucht?

Udo
    It`s a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m not trying to rub anyone’s nose in the dirt. I just don’t like seeing people get suckered.

When you asked for a reputable carburetor builder I gave you Patrick James’ name because of personal experience I have with him and his products, not from hearsay and/or information in magazine articles.

I know how much these parts and services cost and how disappointed one can be when one receives a non-working, ill-working, non-fitting, item.

Hope you get the situation panned out.

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Euro1320Racer:in diesem post vom coolchevy bin ich übrigens der customer

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Primerracer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Original von RaceFink
    Na da bin ich ja froh das ich nur zwei "klicks" machen muss und keine weltanschaulichen Diskussionen wenn ich auf E85 wechsle.

Was ich nicht ganz verstehe: Der Mann von ProSystems sagt das E85 schneller brennt aber trotzdem die Zündung mehr Verstellung braucht?

Udo
    http://www.drivingethanol.org/motors...teristics.aspx

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von coolchevy
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Original von tony morris
    Ok if this carb was built for Alcohol then it will never run right with E-85.

It is not possible once it is made for Alcohol to change it back to E-85, everything will be to big now in side the carb.

It will have the wrong needle and seats in it to start with as they are to big .150 or bigger and the needle are made of titanium. This means you can only idle with low fuel pressure, this is why fuel would be coming out of the vent tubes.

Never put rubber hose on the vent tubes or join them togather as it will make problem in side the fuel bowls limiting the amount of fuel the motor gets in the upper rpm.

It would be possible to use this carb with E-98 which is almost pure ethanol, but you will need to get a mechanische Pumpe to make it run right.

Hope this helps Tony
    Tony,

this carb was bought as Alky carb and rebuild by Mark Sullens for E85.....................

Fact is, it was a decision between a Pro Systems rebuild but after speaking with at least a dozen of his E85 customers from that SPeedtalk forum which were not so happy and also speaking to Mark's customers which all have been quite happy with his setup and service Jeff and me decided to give him a try. SO yes, I did my home work upfront.

Just because Pro Systems carried big words in that arguments which helped nobody did not make him better in any way. I am in contact with Mark as we speak and his knowledge is simply superb. Fact is, all of Marks setups are faster then Pro Systems, so just having a big name is just half the game

right now we are verifying logs and tracking numbers, not that I did received the wrong carb back and somebody else has the carb destined for Ralf.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I talk to Joe in sell's at BLP, he know Mark well and feels he should be up to building a good carb for Ralf.

But still remember that if the carb was built for Alky then it will never run with E-85 so make sure there is no mix up here.

Tony

http://www.blp.com

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Merlin
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Tony,

just a quick one aside.
    How about a update about your catalogue side at BLP?
    2006 has gone a long time maid :grins:
    Cheers,

Conny
    "The Key to going Fast is to learn from those who are going the Fastest."
    Krümel Racing powered by Savage Attack

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von coolchevy
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Original von RaceFink

Udo
    do, bin voll bei dir mit den Klicks.............Die E85 Kompressorvette hatte ich in 6 Stunden komplett am Prüfstand abgestimmt und das mit originalem E38 Steuergerät........the beauty of a laptop......

890PS/1100Nm Strassenmotor in einer normalen Schalter 402ci C5 bei 18psi, und der Plafond ist noch nicht ereicht.

Wegen Zündung vor und zurück, der Pro Systems Typ hat sich ein paar mal komplett ins Eck geredet wo Mark eigentlich immer die besseren Argumente brachte die auch nachvollziehbar sind. E85 ändert seine Brenngeschwindigkeit abhängig vom Lambdawert mehrmals anscheinend, das hat damit zu tun wann der Ethanol und wann der Benzinanteil sein Ding tut. Habe ich bei der Kompressorvette schön gesehen, umso fetter du wirst umso mehr Vorzündung wurde benötigt.