Zitat Zitat von Björn Lähndorf Beitrag anzeigen
Very nice pics,

too sad there are almost no spectators - must be a little dissapointing for the big names.

The DA combined with the good track is very "interesting". Is that a common DA in that area?

regards

Björn
Hello Björn,

No there weren't that many spectators. Myself and others got in for free with VIP and pit passes as I think they are trying to make the sport more popular. Even got a ticket for a free Johnny Rocket's burger meal or free Starbucks coffee. Many of the other spectators were crew or team familiy members also.
I don't know what the DA is regularly. I was there in January and it was relatively cool. (18-20 grad at the track) By the month of March Qatar is hot and they no longer race. Talking with one of the driver's he told me that for the ADRL events the driver's don't even have to pay entry (even in the US). Just show up and race and I guess the profits are made at the gate and concessions. I suppose much of the activity in Qatar is subsidized by the Emir's son.

Have a look at one of the track prep vehicles. There are 4 Goodyear slicks on the apparatus hooked to the tractor's PTO and they counter-rotate as the tractor moves forward. This along with the use of lots of resin allowed the outlaw 10.5 cars such as Dan Millen's run 3.79 @ 204.