Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 19

Thema: Hi, I'm a newbie! (sort of)

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm a newbie! (sort of)

Noob check, check 1.

This is Phil with the Green 1979 Chevy Luv checking in after my old screen name account quit working. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Benni
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Phil,

Benni here, the voice of noise (and Bitburg).

Fine to see you (back) here, any plans for next season ?

What kind of mufflers are you running ?

I am asking because the LUVtruck has a really good sound, quite racy but not too loud.

The motor revs up pretty quick, is the flywheel lightened or is that because of cam ?

Will we see the LUV and Alex`Chevelle back on track in 2013 ?

And..........................................congr ats again to the 9....and the SuperStock-style wheelies !!!

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Benni,

Good to hear from you, as always.

I may go to more gear this winter. I also plan on replacing some of the 1979 suspension and steering parts up front to better survive the wheelies.

I'm running mufflers from spintech: http://www.spintechmufflers.com/ since 2007

Yes, the solid roller cam revs a lot quicker than the previous years with the solid flat tappet. No special flywheel, stock GM piece.

Yes, looking forward to beating that red '68 in 2013! We should be on track.

Thanks for the congrats, and the comparison to SuperStock. That's the class I admire the most.

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Alex,

always enjoy the LUV Truck when i´m able to be at the track and you´re there - really nice and fast ride. See you next year (have to learn a lot from the guys going faster....;-))

Michael

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks duster,

Appreciate it. See you next year. This is Phil by the way, Alex has the red 68 velle.

cheers!

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, i´m sorry.....i think we talked one time in Hockenheim, maybe two years ago....you own a mid sixties barracuda?

Michael

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is correct. Did you say you owned a cuda as well?

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no, i own a white ´68 Valiant 2dr sedan, 408 ci SB. Engine is new, built by myself. Got to the track only once in 2012 with little problems, not able to show it´s potential (sure grip gone, coil faulty....). We´ll see in 2013!

Michael

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome, really looking forward to seeing your A-body and stroker perform after everything is sorted out! 727 or 904? 8 3/4? Which center section?

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trans is a 727, got it from a friend who swapped to BB. Rear axle is a Ford Exploder 8.8 with 3.73 Gears - i was not able to get a mopar 8.75 for small money.....i shortened one side of the 8.8 and used a spare short side axle shaft - perfect fit into a-body.

But hey, it´s your thread...tell us something about the luv Truck! Engine, chassis mods etc.....the story behind....one time i heard it was a highschool project?

Michael
    Geändert von 360duster (06.12.2012 um 20:50 Uhr)

Lesezeichen