Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 11 bis 19 von 19

Thema: Hi, I'm a newbie! (sort of)

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting about the 8.8 being a great fit for the A. Strong rearend.

The truck is nothing special. I believe it was left for dead in a farmer's field, just wasting away. My highschool shop teacher (Mr. T) was able to take it off the previous owner's hands--for free if im not mistaken--and used it as a highschool hotrod project. The students, including my older brother Alex did the V8 swap and drivetrain upgrades (TH350 and AMC M20 rearend out of an AMX) in the early 90s. Mostly burnouts behind the shop and some racing in Pirmasens. Since then it has received a roll cage, fuel cell and has seen a 355 cube or two and a 383 with all cast factory components besides the heads and intake. Until last winter.

We assembled a new block with affordable forged components, went to a custom solid roller camshaft that we spec'd ourselves, and upped the compression ration by one point. Still running pump gas. All steel truck weighing in at 3000lbs+ without me in the car. Factory suspension (torsion bars and leaf springs) with the assistance of Mr. Calvert. Every year it gets a little less slow as a result of trying this and that and trying to improve the combo.

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Benni
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Phil,

check out the December Issue of VW SPEED Magazine (white "Retro Racer" Golf1 on cover)

for a big report of DAS Drag Day where you are captured doing a big burnout !

Erfahrener Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Phil,

thanks for the information, nice story. What rear gear are you using?

The caltrac setup make this thing hook hard. Real cool and unique build. These little trucks are very rare here in germany, if i find a decent Dodge D50 / Mitsu Mighty Max some day i´ll build something similar

Michael

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Benni,

I picked up a copy of it for memories' sake. Might be my first time ever in a magazine. The trucks normally too ugly to feature Thanks for looking out!

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks,

Yes, the torsion bar set up we have is similar to the MOPAR set up and works very well in tandem with leafsprings...even before the Caltracs were installed. We are using an AMC M20 (also called a Dana model 20 sometimes) rearend out of an AMX. So far so good. It seems to be plenty strong...only downside is that they don't make a pro gear for it.

Yeah, a Dodge D50 would be an interesting build for sure!! I'd like to see that!
    Geändert von JunkYard Dawg (07.12.2012 um 20:13 Uhr)

Erfahrener Benutzer Avatar von Benni
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Slowmotion

Hi Phil & Gäste,

ich hab gerade auf Youtube ein Video gesehen, und zwar vom Primerracer, der war als "Kameramann" dabei

und hat den Wheelie des Tages / Jahres schön in Zeitlupe gefilmt :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISyF9dqivRs

Frage an den Primerracer : welche Kamera, die Casio Exilim , und wenn ja, welche ?

Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zitat Zitat von Benni Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Phil & Gäste,

ich hab gerade auf Youtube ein Video gesehen, und zwar vom Primerracer, der war als "Kameramann" dabei

und hat den Wheelie des Tages / Jahres schön in Zeitlupe gefilmt :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISyF9dqivRs

Frage an den Primerracer : welche Kamera, die Casio Exilim , und wenn ja, welche ?
    Hi Benni,

Thanks for keeping an eye out! It would have been a shame to miss Primeracer's videos. It is by far the best footage we have of the truck at launch. Thanks again.

Neuer Benutzer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zitat Zitat von JoHead Beitrag anzeigen
    Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1
    Hello Prime,

Would you be willing to sell the raw footage you captured of the Luv that weekend? I would eventually like to make a launch sequence video of the truck in order to better analyze the weight transfer at the hit. Your vidoes are great quality, and a real pleasure to watch over and over again!

Lesezeichen