Mav,

this is a real hot topic all over Europe. Unlike the US, where disconnecting the line is enough to fulfill local rules, in Europe having NOS installed in any street legal car remains illegal, disconnected or not. Keep in mind that NOS is governed by narcotic protection laws and hence can not be bought on the street just like that either.

The law says that whatever is permanently mounted into any vehicle has to undergo TUEV inspection, if it is a steering wheel, a rim or engine modifications. Many have tried to get it certified but to my knowledge only a few have actually achieved that, with remark "to be used offroad only".

Now you most probably run your car with US AFB plates which changes the picture in that you can get away with a lot of things, but, keep in mind it still remains illegal if caught.

Now that doesn't mean that you can't get it for racing but in most European countries US bottles won't be filled by gas supplying stations because US bursts tests are not accepted. Here you have three choices, go for those official ugly steel bottles, provide 2 bottles for destructive burst tests, or give a damn and use your own filling station. The latter is the most common solution anyway.

To make matters worse, it is forbidden in the Public Race class where you most probably would like to compete in anyway, your are much better off in doing what we discussed last year, stroke the LT1 to 5.95l (if blown, you have to stay below 6l = 365ci for PR II) and twin turbo it.

Much more fun on the Autobahn and much more fun on the strip - there aren't many "race watcha brung" challenges here so my advice, forget about NOS in street legal cars.

Hey, we are going down to 24hours of Le Mans races in June, Rick for sure and possibly Seth from Combination Motorsports fly in from the States, wanna join us ?

I got once caught with it, although the bottle was painted red and camouflaged as fire extinguisher bottle and I paid real big bucks for carrying forbidden substances - that was really ugly and expensive !

Heinz